Police seek tips in 2007 murder case

HUDSON–With the five-year anniversary of the murder of Valentine G. Wadman approaching, Hudson Police detectives continue their probe and still seek information related to the crime.

Mr. Wadman was beaten to death along the CSX Railroad tracks off North Seventh Street in the early morning hours of September 23, 2007.

At the time of the murder that area along the tracks was known to be frequented by vagrants consuming alcoholic beverages, according to police.

On that day at about 9:03 a.m., someone came into the police station to report that a man, who seemed unresponsive, was lying next to the tracks. Police went to the scene with the Greenport Rescue Squad and confirmed the man, later identified as Mr. Wadman, was the victim of foul play.

The scene was secured and police began the homicide investigation with assistance from the State Police Forensics Unit from Poughkeepsie and investigators from the Livingston barracks, as well as, the Columbia County Coroner and the District Attorney.

Police hope that someone will come forward with any piece of information that might help bring the person or persons responsible to justice.

Anyone with information regarding this or any crime should contact Hudson Police at 518 828-3388 or the Detective Unit and Tips Line at 518 828-9900.

Larcenies from vehicles

City Police say they have made an arrest in connection with larcenies from vehicles throughout the city. On September 18 at about 12:18 p.m., police received a report of a suspicious person looking into vehicles on the 500 block of Columbia Street.

Officers responded to the scene and detained Franklin J. Ammie, 31, staying on North 6th Street, Hudson and formerly of Brooklyn. Mr. Ammie was later charged by Detectives David Miller and John Funk for petit larceny stemming from an August 21 incident on North Sixth Street, when Mr. Ammie allegedly forced his way into a 2003 Nissan Frontier and stole property which included a Garmin Nuvi Global Positioning System (GPS).

Mr. Ammie was arraigned in City Court before Judge Mark Portin and was sent to the Columbia County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 bond. Additional charges are pending.

Assisting in the investigation were the state Division of Criminal Justice Services (Latent Print Unit), the State Police Forensic Investigation Center and the Columbia County District Attorney’s Office.

This arrest was facilitated by crime scene processing, community involvement and media assistance, according to police.

Police remind people to lock their valuables in their homes and not in their cars.

Anyone with information about these crimes should contact police at the above listed numbers.

To contact Diane Valden email .




Comments are closed.