Two stabbed in Hudson, one critically

HUDSON—Three people were charged in connection with the stabbing of a father and son, today.

The son remains hospitalized in critical condition.

According to a press release, Hudson Police got a call that a stabbing victim was at Columbia Memorial Hospital, August 22 at 12:20 a.m. After a trip to the hospital, police were soon led to the Green Street residence of a second victim who was also in need of medical attention.


A short time later, Hudson Police received a call from State Police in Catskill saying they stopped a vehicle for traffic infractions and became suspicious when they noticed that the three vehicle occupants had blood on them.

HPD detectives went to meet with the troopers and ultimately the three subjects were returned to Hudson and charged.
They are: Niko Leshaj, 17, of Hudson, charged with first degree gang assault, a class B felony and fourth degree criminal possession of a weapon, a class A misdemeanor; Frank Cruz, 21, of Athens, charged with first degree gang assault, a class B felony and Eric Peterson, 21, of Hudson, charged with first degree gang assault, a class B felony.

Mr. Cruz and Mr. Peterson were arraigned and sent to the Columbia County Jail with no bail, pending August 27 court appearances. Niko will be arraigned August 23.

The victims are a 21-year-old man and his 47-year-old father. The son remains in Columbia Memorial Hospital listed in critical condition with stab wounds to his arm, chest and face. The father, who suffered contusions, abrasions and a cut to his head was treated and released from the hospital. The assault occurred outside a Green Street residence near Fairview Avenue. The victims were familiar with their assailants.

“This is a great example of teamwork and communications between police agencies. I commend the New York State Police as well as the officers and detectives of our department for their swift and competent response. This city would have suffered had these vicious criminals remained at large for long,” Hudson Police Chief Edward Moore said in the release.

Comments are closed.